How To Strengthen Hair, Skin and Nails
Bouncy, moisturized, frizz free locks of hair; vibrant, glowing skin and healthy shinning nails — everyone loves to flaunt them and why they should not: not everyone is blessed with them! Artificial hair treatment, nail manicure and glowing skin mask; we all spend thousands of dollars and precious hours at a grooming saloon, ready to sacrifice anything and everything for healthy hairs, skin and nails. But what comes organically can never be replicated through synthetic procedures and hence the secret to the beauty of Cleopatra, housed by ancient Egyptian scrolls, is more to do with the diet we eat than the mask we put on.
What Could be Missing From Your Diet
A healthy diet does not mean piles of cheese layered pizzas; it is about being rich in micronutrients which provide us with the essential vitamins and minerals to lead a healthy life. What we eat is how we look and if you want to unlock the secret of having healthy hairs, skin and nails then you must look at the diet you are having and ensure that all the essential micronutrients are well stocked in your plate. Grab a pen and go along this list of micronutrients essential for healthy skin, hair and nails —striking off what’s missing.
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B7
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
How Much You Need Them
Knowing all the micronutrients is not the end, you should know how much you need each of them on daily basis. To help you out and cut down your efforts, we are providing with some of the requirements you need on a daily basis. To have a more detailed outlook, you can take a look at this complete RDA chart to assist you better.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: There is no standard RDA set by American Heart Association for omega-3 fatty acids. It varies from individual to individual and condition to condition.
- Zinc: It varies from 2 mg to 13 mg depending on the age group and gender.
- Protein: The established RDA is at 8 grams per kilogram of body weight.
- Iron: It varies from 0.27 mg to 27 mg depending on the age group and gender.
Heading to the Pantry Store
With micronutrients needed for healthy hair, skin and nails now known, together with their daily requirements; it’s time to put those sticky notes in your pocket and head to the pantry. You are about to head to a mart, filling your shopping cart with food items that contain these micronutrients. But before you do it, make sure you check out your fridge or else you can end up spending some extra dollars.
- Frozen or Fresh Seafood: Fresh sea food could be hard to come by depending on your locality, therefore if you can’t find fresh shrimps, tunas and sardines, it is better to go for the frozen packages. Seafood is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, selenium, zinc, iodine, vitamin B complexes and vitamin A and D.
- Greek Yoghurt: Greek yoghurt and other dairy products like cream, egg and milk are great for healthy hair and skin. They have a high content of calcium, vitamin B5, vitamin D and vitamin B7.
- A basket of kiwis: Citrus fruits like kiwis, pineapple and oranges are a great source of vitamin C, beta-carotene (the inactive form of vitamin A), calcium, magnesium, vitamin B1 and vitamin B3.
- Almonds, Brazilian nuts and Walnuts: They are our munching friends, stuffed with vitamin E, vitamin B7, amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Capsicums and spices: Garnishing food with capsicums and sprinkling it with cinnamon gives you a diet that increases blood circulation to your hair follicles.
While checking out don’t forget to grab a chilled glass of beer. Not because you deserves it but because it contains silicon which is found to dilate your blood vessels, increasing blood flow to your scalp, skin and nail bed.
Already feeling drowsy at the task at hand, well we can save you on your gasoline bills and travel hours. With vitafive’s vitamin packs, you can get all your essential multivitamin and minerals. But remember, these are nutritional supplements to complement your diet and not a substitute for it. They are packaged like gummy candies, sure to satiate your sugar tooth while being healthy. No more shuffling between the vitamin jars as these beauty packs are already loaded with what your hair, skin and nails need. We provide free shipping on any order, so don’t wait and place your order now.